Telling someone they’re not good enough is not okay
Telling someone they’re not good enough is not okay
I don’t care if you’re joking. I don’t care if you think ‘It will push them to work harder.’ Because it isn’t a joke, and it will not always make someone want to work harder to prove you wrong.
Sometimes they accept it as a fact, then they live with a mindset of “Why try when I’m just going to fail?”
It’s not okay.
I remember acing my AP European History test and being ecstatic about it until I told my father and he shrugged it off like it was nothing. Then I felt terrible for feeling so proud of myself.
This sort of shit fucks people up man. Perfectionism is not something that can be obtained and it is a horrible, negative schema to get stuck in. No matter how well I did it was never good enough for my mom. “Go get involved! (when I was younger)” “Well now that you’re involved now I have to drive you places…” “Man Tae Kwon Do is getting pretty expensive” “Why would you quit? You quit everything! You’re a quitter.” “Omg why’d you get a B?” “Oh you got all As…eh.” Currently going through therapy to get over this mentality.
"Everyone else can do this, why can’t you?" "You’re just being lazy, you need to work harder." "No, don’t give me excuses. You failed because you didn’t care enough." "You let yourself fail. You should have seen your partner’s behavior and taken the work load all onto yourself. You let that happen and you let yourself fail." "College is so important and you have to go" ( "I mean, sometimes some people aren’t cut out to go to college." ) "I know you’re capable of more than a C, so why aren’t you doing better." "You’re not trying hard enough to get a job. People probably haven’t called you back because your hair is a strange color" (fyi, it was a sandy blonde). "Why can’t you just do things my way for once."
There’s more where that came from, but I think you get the point. The hilarious part is that my mom always asks “You should come talk to me if you have any problems, okay honey?” Yeah, okay. That’s exactly what I’m going to do after 20 some odd years of that.
THIS. tHIS. THis. This. THIS. this. this x infinity cause this shit is stupid and needs to be stopped and wow.
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (2433) – Can use in US, U.K., Canada and Singapore
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-999-9999
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline: 1-800-273-TALK (8245)
- National Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
- Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
- NDMDA Depression Hotline – Support Group: 1-800-826-3632
- Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
- Crisis Help Line – For Any Kind of Crisis: 1-800-233-4357
- Suicide & Depression Crisis Line – Covenant House: 1-800-999-9999
- Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide: (UK only) 0844-561-6855
- Beyondblue info line: (Australia only) 1300-22-4636
- 24/7 Crisis Line:(Canada only) 905-522-1477
- Lifeline Australia: 13-11-14
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish: 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
Alcohol & Drug Abuse:
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics: 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Drug Abuse: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Al-Anon/Alateen Hope & Help for young people who are the relatives & friends of a problem drinker): 1-800-344-2666
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Be Sober Hotline: 1-800-BE-SOBER (1-800-237-6237)
- Cocaine Help Line: 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- 24 Hour Cocaine Support Line: 1-800-992-9239
- Ecstasy Addiction: 1-800-468-6933
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779
Youth & Teen Hotlines:
- National Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663
- Youth America Hotline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454)
- Covenant House Nine-Line (Teens): 1-800-999-9999
- Boys Town National: 1-800-448-3000
- Teen Helpline: 1-800-400-0900
- TeenLine: 1-800-522-8336
- Youth Crisis Support: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-422-0009
- Runaway Support (All Calls are Confidential): 800-231-694
- National Runaway Hotline: (US only) 1800-231-6946
- Child Helpline: (UK Only) 0800-111
- Kids Helpline: (Australia) 1800-55-1800
- Youth to Youth: (UK only) 020-8896-3675
- Kids Help Phone Canada: 1800-688-6868
- National Youth Crisis Hotline:(US only) 800-442-442-4673
- AAA Crisis Pregnancy Center: 1-800-560-0717
- Pregnancy Support: 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
- Pregnancy National Helpline: 1-800-356-5761
- Young Pregnant Support: 1-800 550-4900
Gay and Lesbian Hotlines:
- The Trevor Helpline (For homosexuality questions or problems): 1-800-850-8078
- Gay & Lesbian National Support: 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line: 1-800-850-8078
- Lesbian & Gay Switchboard: (UK Only) 0121 622 6589
- Lothian Gay & Lesbian Switchboard – Scotland: (Scotland Only) 0131 556 4049
- Self-Injury Support: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) (www.selfinjury.com)
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention: 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PST)
- Eating Disorders Center: 1-888-236-1188
- Help Finding a Therapist: 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Panic Disorder Information and Support: 1-800-64-PANIC (1-800-647-2642)
- TalkZone (Peer Counselors): 1-800-475-TALK (1-800-475-2855)
- Parental Stress Hotline: 1-800-632-8188
- Parent Help Line (Australia only): 1300-364-100
- National AIDS Helpline: (UK Only) 0800 567 123
- Mensline Australia: 1300-789-978
Want a country by country list? Here are some more resources: helplines
The following sites also provides a country by country list of helplines available:
No I’m p sure it means wanting to fuck a frying pan I know my own sexuality thank you very much
It means that you like people for their personality, but I like the pans thing better.
i want to FUCK a FRYING PAN
Pansexual doesn’t mean you like people for their personality you fucking idiot, it means you’re attracted to every gender on the gender spectrum
FUCK a FRYING PAN
I’m more potsexual myself.
what is this? I like it
It’s called LSD
So did they drug up the camera? Or did they sneak in my house and secretly drug me up?
this is common sense but even if they say “yes” and give their consent, you need to stop when they say stop, even if it’s in the middle of everything. and if they look uncomfortable, ask them if they’re okay. honestly it’ll do good for the both of you. (or even if there are more than 2 people involved).
"Ice is my life!"
this is the peacock that sometimes hangs out in our yard in the summer and spring and eats our cats food